Monday, August 24, 2009

A hustle here and a hustle there


I came across an article that says multitasking is bad tor our health. HUWATT? Everybody's doing it (multitasking, that is). Our oldies were doing it for a long time, even before the computer invaded our houses and the word multitasking was invented. I remember my grandma doing multitasking - cooking our dinner while watching "Tawag ng Tanghalan" on a black and white tv set. IMHO there is nothing wrong with multitasking, as long as your brain can handle it with gusto. No short circuit please. It's nice to (all at once) do homework while you're listening to your fave music on a cheap mp3 player... while others are happy doing their regular exercise on treadmill while watching "Baywatch" recorded reruns on betamax.


Kids (like me?) are now more prone to multitasking. With all the gadgets in tow (cellphones, wifi enabled laptop, mp3, mp4, mp5, mp6, mp7 players, psp and tamiya), things get easier done and all at the same time, sans the homework. Me? oh I also do multitasking. But only once: when I'm in a bathroom reading the latest issue of FHM.


0 comments: