Sunday, February 21, 2010

The politicians are now DJ's

It's fiesta time once again, or as some call it, carnival time (read: election season.) Everybody's talking politics, from the five-star Jollibee branch up to the dim-lighted barber shop inside the Bilibid prison. Everyone has his own choice of candidate, from the trapos to the newbies. All are shouting on top of their voices, claiming that they (the candidates) can alleviate the poverty in my beloved country. Now the ordinary people are starting to believe in them again, and this means VOTE. But how many of our genius politicians had fulfilled their promises? If we are to believe the nasty reports, millions (if not billions) of the people's money had been lost to these geniuses, and the promise of a good life is still not accomplished. Hope this time, their promises are for real. I will also promise that I will not point my middle finger on my boob tube whenever I see their (the candidates) paid political advertisements. Promise!!!

0 comments: