Thursday, August 09, 2007

psst...steak, want some?




Its great to find a new eatery, whether it's a fastfood on the sidestreet, a carinderia under the tree, a class one or in betweens. The thrill of trying their menu is always the order of the day and of course the pricing comes in second. I was able to stumble upon a new eatery, but before i divulge to you the location and the name, please promise me not to tell my doc (I'm still under medication on a red meat related disease-GOUT). Ok, I was able to try the foods at Mesa Steak Sizzler which is located at Trinoma (Triangle North of Manila) food court. I ordered a T-Bone Steak while my two buraots preferred to try out their Sirloin and Porterhouse Steak (hey! you promised me not to tell my doc). When our orders arrived (self service man gid te), I saw to it that my doc, who advised or is it warned me to go slow on purine based food specially red meat and that means STEAK, was not around to spoil our day. The aroma of their sizzling steak is very tempting, so i tore off the drug prescription given to me earlier by my doc to lower my uric acid count and started "chibuging" (whataword) my medium rare T-Bone. They are very tender and juicy, but the java rice that goes with it is half cooked (at least to my standard of rice cooking). All their menu comes with a free soup of the day (its cream of mushroom when we ate there). The price tag? oh you can skip your regular 12 bottles of beer a night so that you can enjoy your purine rich red meat.

PS-This is not a paid advertisement and the opinion of this blogger is not done under duress or under threat that he will be sent to Basilan to help arrest those who mutilated and beheaded the marines. (redundant isnt it?)

0 comments: