Sunday, December 02, 2007

travis bickle and me

Picture this, i was on a plane (on economy class) going on a leisurely vacation, then suddenly the flight stewardess requested me to transfer on the business class to which i obliged. Upon reaching my assigned seat number, i recognized my seatmate as bobby de niro. After the initial shock of my life, i introduced myself to him.

With no one to talk to and the boring travel time, i was able to talk to him as two normal people, no superstar ego, just plain pampalipas ng oras. I told him that i watch some of his movies like godfather, and i even mimic his role when he is cuddling baby michael in his arms after killing don fanucci.

I again reminded him of his role in the deer hunter wherein he tried to help nick chevotarevich (played by christopher walken) to stop playing the deadly game of russian roullete, also one of my favorite film.

We then shifted our topic about my country, and i told him that our country is one of the beautiful places on earth. I even invited him to come and visit my place and told him that we will drink to death the tagay way. Tagay what? and then i saw that famous worried smile on his face, like what he did on his film, analyze this.

Our conversation was cut short by the announcement on the PA system that the plane will land in a few minutes and reminded us to fasten our seat belt. After we disembarked on the plane, i bade him goodbye and we went our seperate ways.

I headed to the comfort room to relieve myself and found mr bobby in front of the mirror. I tapped his shoulder and called him pare, and when he looked at me i heard him say, you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me? then who the hell else are you talking...you talking to me? well i'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talkin to? oh yeah? OK. Then i see that famous worried smile on his face again. End of my dream.

0 comments: