Saturday, September 15, 2007

SLASHENHUTEN…ANAKNGPUTEN

It was on a Saturday, 8th of September in the year of 2007 that I am surfing my life away when suddenly my internet connection went puff…I tried in vain, said my prayers to heaven and gave my sympathy to hell and even after my repeated please, it did not restore my internet connection. I called the famous hotline for troubled net addicts, but was given the usual troubleshooting process (pinging, disable, enable, release, renew, lock and load, put it in your mouth and pull the trigger). Now there’s pandemonium in the house, I even showed my true self by blaming everybody in the house who uses my toy and everything that was installed on the hard drive. Days had passed and the 24 hour deadline monitoring given to me by those robotic call center employees had resulted to nay. I started to suspect that my new anti virus (2008 series mind you) is the one who is interfering with my internet connection, but when I tried connecting my old and rusty laptop on al fresco lugawan with free wifi, hooha, I was able to connect. Now I’m preparing to appear on a national TV to make an apology, no not because I called Garci on my cellphone but because I blamed everybody in the house and every newly installed files on my hard drive…it was a lapse in judgment, PASENSIYA NA PO (accompanied by a poker face of mine complete with nunal sa tubig). Almost a week had passed and still no internet connection. Our house is now like on a mourning period, we do not talk to each other and the TV is always on again. Another 24 hours of monitoring if the connection will return to normal but again nothing happened. With the internet connection still out, I was able to shine my old brown shoe and baby I’m in love with you, master the pentatonic and blues scale and even cooked chicharon bulaklak, pangterno to my nilalaklak na ice cold beer. Now I’m beginning to find my old life again, without looking at Perez Hilton or that big tummy dancing lady on MTV. I had the time to clean my face again with my trusted supply of eskinol and cotton and applied Lyna whitening cream. Yes there is life after death to an internet connection and a lot more things to do, but hey this is the IM generation, wherein I can make panggap of who I want to be, so please restore as soon as possible my internet connection, no pinging, disabling, enabling, re-starting… just plain connection, will you be SMART enough to give my wish ? Anakkayongputen.

0 comments: