Saturday, June 28, 2008

pingas-the psychedelic guy


It was a little bit late in the night when the (cell) phone rings. Then a familiar voice on the other end of the line was inviting us (yes us-because we were already into our 3rd bottles of SMB with my close in security) to come over and have an instant reunion cum drinking session. That familiar voice i'm sure is Berting, Teng to some of his childhood buddies, Bert to all the girls and the likes and Pingas to all his cousins. Yes Pingas was in town for a visit after spending half of his life outside the country in search of that green and plastic bucks. So I looked at the time again and because its friday, that "little bit late in the night" was out of the question and the night just seems to be starting. I instructed my close in security to dished out our pulutan and off we went to where Pingas was as fast as we can.



Upon arriving at the place, i saw a lot of familiar faces and yes i know them by their first and last names, even all their natal dates are still fresh on my mind. Why? because they are all my cousins. Hand shakes everywhere, like election time again, some tapped me on my shoulder while others gestured me to hug them. After the usual kamustahan, came the super ice cold beer and when i say ice cold beer that means a beer on my left hand and another on my right hand. It's been a long time since we've been together for this kind of event and i can see in their faces that we really missed each other. Then what followed was a nostalgic night of good and bad stories and another case of very ice cold beer. Whatanight.

0 comments: