Sunday, April 06, 2008

summer holiday


Its been three days now since i started searching for a place to spend my vacation. First in my list is bora, the beautiful island south of manila. Then there was the Batanes island because i dreamed of eating coconut crab again. Bohol? oh another beautiful place to see and spend some lazy afternoons after eating your lunch while cruising the loboc river. How about Cebu? yes i always remember this place for their beautiful guitar and very nice girls. In my short list of places i wanted to visit and with the help of my buraots, they all chorused that boracay is the place to be seen this summer. I googled the place, accommodation and their rates. Some are very reasonable, especially if you are a foreigner. I almost puke at the rates (some are daily and others are on per person basis). I'm just wondering, is there any government program that allow "local pagpag eater tourist" like me to avail a very big discount so that we can also visit those beautiful places in the Philippines. Because if i would be able to travel outside our country and some locals there would ask me if i had been to some of the beautiful places in the Philippines, i will look straight on their face and answer them a big NO. Then i will explain to them that my countryman has all the rights to visit our countryside but cannot afford to do so because its very costly for us locals.

Tip: If you cannot afford boracay in aklan, why not opt for poracay in pampangga or burakay in reclamation area instead. And i tell you, it's very affordable for us pagpag eaters. Don't forget your Gins.


0 comments: